Daniel Guasco is an entrepreneur and investor, currently serving as Chairman of Silicon Cape.
His perspectives on disruptive innovation are informed by an approach to business that is as bold and visionary as it is pragmatic. His talks are challenging, inspiring, and urgent.
Daniel was only 12 when he started his first business, in fact so young that his first employee was a driver!
Daniel has been involved in a number of entrepreneurial ventures and blue chip companies across 10 countries forming startups and SMEs; to launching Twangoo in South Africa in 2011, later bought by Groupon to become one of the most popular group buying sites on the African continent. He’s worked across Africa, the UK and Central and Eastern Europe including extensive experience in developing markets such as Poland, Ukraine, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Croatia.
These days Daniel can be found investing and consulting on a number of projects and investments that incorporate his experience in startups and technology. He is passionate about fostering a spirit of entrepreneurship in South Africa, playing an advisory role, or being involved with organisations that focus on building that.
Current engagements include:
- Advisor and Director of Groupon Africa - one of the largest online digital market places in Africa.
- Founder and Director of Team Africa Ventures - early stage seed fund with 4 exits to date and 13 total investments in a number of disruptive digital technology startups in the fintech / E-commerce / medtech and related spaces.
- Chairman of Silicon Cape Initiative - not-for-profit organisation driving the technology ecosystem in South Africa
- Chapter Lead for Singularity University
- Board Member and advisor to a number of technology startups / accelerators and incubators globally including including UCT GSB / MTN Solution Space, Luiss Enlabs and H-farm in Venice Italy.
He has a double-MBA from London Business School and the University of Cape Town, and is a graduate of the world renowned Singularity University Executive Programme.