Jon Savage is a maker of things. He began as a filmmaker at a young age until his musical career exploded in the form of a globe-trotting rock band called Cassette. He has subsequently been
- a music producer,
- a DJ on South Africa's national radio station,
- the music editor of the SA Music Awards,
- the creator of the 5FM Mashlab phenomenon,
- a writer for Rolling Stone Magazine,
- a film director and the Creative Director of the multiple Loerie and SAMA award winning production company, Thread.