digital Marketing and social media for IMPACT
The name Treeshake is based on Nelson Mandela's Xhosa birthname, Rolihlahla, which means "tree shaker". Inspired by this legendary South African leader we help build movements for change using social media, and take a principled and inclusive approach to communications.
We help brands inspire involvement, grow their following, and achieve results worth celebrating, for example:
- Thirst and Mina Guli achieved over 1 billion media impressions globally by using social media to drive pick-up on channels like CNN, BBC, Al-Jazeera and Reuters.
- Media24 launched W24 trending at #1 while securing an opt-in database of over 15000 young, black female influencers in South Africa in 4 weeks.
- The Awethu Project achieved their 3 month SMME funding goal in 24 hours with a firework campaign
- Zoona used their advertising budget to support grassroots female entrepreneurs in Zambia and still exceeded their reach, recognition, and brand lift targets with social media.
- The World Economic Forum were able to reach over 40m people in two days, and got “Internet for All” tabled in South Africa’s parliament and acknowledged as a basic right by Rwanda’s president.
Our impact oriented approach combines digital marketing, behavioural science, and story.
What we do
Strategic Social and Digital Marketing
Impact oriented digital marketing and communications strategy.
Digital Marketing Training
Engaging digital marketing and social media training for teams .
Our work is aligned with the Global Goals..